The project born in 2010 of the Sant'Egle organic farm moves behind the personal needs of a sustainable life, respectful of the planet, coherent and ethical with its daily choices.
A virtuous project that has been taken as a model by universities, innovative projects, foreign heads of state and common people who want to make a difference.
Many are the prizes won that certify the veracity of what is respected throughout the process of our project.
Here you will find these daily gestures. If you do not share certain choices, we invite you to come and visit us for a chat, maybe you could find a new way to live on this planet :-)
• Waste and recycling: we have reduced the purchase of packaged products to a minimum. We make and invite our guests to separate waste collection and compost on site reusing the humus to fertilize our organic garden and flowers. We clean woods and roads from illegal landfills and with what we find we have created a project of Creative Recycling, which gives new life to old abandoned objects.
• Catering: we only have fresh fruit and vegetables of the season produced in our organic vegetable garden or bought other organic farms at km0. We offer only dairy products and meat from wild and wild adult animals at KM0.
• Breakfast: in the breakfast buffet everything is produced on the farm or purchased from organic producers at KM0 except for tea and coffee imported.
• Water: every faucet has a water-saving flow reducer. We make both the personnel and the customers of the structure aware of the responsible water use both for washing and for washing clothes. We collect rainwater to irrigate our fields and flowers. We offer free natural or carbonated water and we do not see disposable bottles.
• Energy: electricity is produced by photovoltaic panels that cover the needs of the entire project and also allows us to sell the energy produced in more. The whole project is lit with LEDs and has timers for energy saving. All household appliances are Class A ++ certified, we make customers aware of the change in towels at the customer's request (with consequent savings in water and detergents).
• Heating: a condensing boiler and a solar thermal monitor all the hot water needs of the project.
• Mobility and Transportation: we have a LPG car for our Green journeys. Being an area where there is no train station or a good public bus service, we offer free electric charging for all new hybrid and electric cars. We offer maps, GPS tracks and downloadable tracks and can be consulted off line to enjoy the trails and nature trails, river routes, cycle paths that depart from our structure, without having to take the car. We offer ebike rental.
• Noise: the ancient 17th century farmhouse with large walls that also muffle the sounds of nature. Cartels emphasize that in the common areas the active collaboration of the staff and guests is gratified to maintain the silence that this place offers.
• Promotion of the territory: we offer a self-produced map in recycled paper that promotes and disseminates tourist information, cultural activities in the area. The map is provided free of charge to the local tourist company and to the proloco.
• Laundry cleaning and washing: we use only 100% biodegradable products.
• Products and supply chain: we produce only organic products, the transformation is done in the company according to the ASL regulations and the products imposed by the organic. Our packaging is 100% biodegradable or recyclable. Our labels and boxes made of recycled paper.
• Bio Pool: a mirror of water created without the use of cement but only rocks and a natural resin that holds them together. Inside the water of our well and salt of the WWF Oasis of Trapani. An electrolysis filter transforms the salt into natural chlorine. Reason for which no chemical additive, chlorine and anti-algae is added.
• Bio building: the restoration of the entire 1600 farmhouse was done with bio building materials. The holistic space with its roof lawn is an example of bio architecture where the landscape impact is zero.
• Glamping: a new way of eco-friendly holidays in contact with nature. The Luxury tent are built with wood certified by sustainable forests, painted with water tempera with natural pigments, illuminated and heated thanks to the sun.
AWARDS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1st WWF Italy Award for best sustainable farm in Italy
1st WWF Italy prize for biodiversity conservation
Platinum Trip Advisor structure
1st place in Good Energy Award as best virtuous and innovative award for environmental protection and energy saving.
1st classified as best Italian saffron according to new protocol
Recognition by the Tuscany Region of 5 sunflowers (equivalent to a 5-star hotel)
Top 20 structures for adults in Italy according to Travel Myth
Top 50 structures for a romantic stay in Italy according to Travel Myth
1st classified as Luxury Eco Resort of the year 2019 according to LTG Europe Awards 2019
Top 10 Best Pools in the Word according to Travel Myth
1st place THA, Travel & Hospitality Award 2020
Tripadvisor Travelers' Chice 2020
1st place The Luxury Awards 2021
WHERE SANT'EGLE WAS USED AS A CASE STUDY AND REPLACED IN OTHER PROJECTS
A special thanks goes to those who believed in our project, who took a cue from what we did and replied, even if only partially, our vision that a better world is possible!
MaTer a sustainable project within the Torre Guaceto Natural Marine Reserve in Puglia, Italy
PuraEco a holistic nutritionism project with offices in Brazil and Argentina
Japanese Minister of Agriculture, MasahikoYamada, a concrete activist against climate change, inequality and war, has brought the Sant'Egle model to Japanese farms for a change from the bottom up.
A group of South Korean organic peach growers came to learn how to make a Stevia Compote.
Case study in the fourth edition of Sustainability in the Hospitality Industry
Case study in Cheris as excellence in the field of sustainable tourism
Every year we donate part of the proceeds to projects that we personally know in which we believe and that we invite you to support.
2010 Sent through mum Cristina (mother of Erika) fridges and beds for an orphanage in Morocco
2011 Donated 5 kilograms of organic spirulina to the Mayer pediatric hospital in Florence, the eating disorders department
2012 Bring shoes, notebooks and pencils to boys and girls in the poor suburbs of Douz, Tunisia
2013 Acquisition of land for reforestation, biodiversity protection and ecosystem restoration
2014 Planted a new holm oak forest for reforestation, biodiversity protection and ecosystem restoration
2015 Donated to dig a well in a village in northern Namibia
2017 Funded project for female artisan women entrepreneurs in Italy
2018 Donated for the protection of the southern whale
2019 Funded Italian Forestry Fund project for the purchase of the Umbrian forest for biodiversity and ecosystem protection
2020 Funded Italian Forestry Fund project for the purchase of a forest threatened by cutting, to conserve biodiversity and the ecosystem
2021 Funded project for the Italian Forestry Fund for the purchase of trees for a forest that has been cut, to restore biodiversity and the ecosystem
2022 (January) Funded swings and slides for the disabled center Il Volo in San Lorenzo Nuovo (VT)